Pain in Right Breast Around Scar Area 2 Years Post BA. Is This Common?

It has been two years since my surgery and I have the same pain in the same breast, in the same spot. It is in the scar area (crease incision) and some days is worse then others. It can be sensitive to touch in that spot and other times not. Its almost like burning sharp pains, like its rubbed raw but I notice nothing different. No bulging, no discoloration, nothing. My scars are atrocious, they are large and very noticeable. My left breast has no issues at all. Do you have any advice?

Chronic pain right breast scar

+3

Thank you for your question. Surgical scars can be very sensitive for long periods.  This may be related to nerve injure, or underlying costochondritis which is inflammation of the costal cartilage. Messaging, silicone sheets, and anti-inflammatory medication may help.

The key to you treatment is establishing the cause of pain. You will need to address your concerns with your plastic surgeon and follow his/her instructions. 

Chronic Painful Scars 2 Years After Breast Augmentation

+2

Hi,

I am sorry that you are going through a discomfort. Surgery patients can have sensitive scars for long periods of time due to possible nerve injury and/or inflammation of an underlying tissue.

Without physical examination I cannot provide you with an accurate diagnosis. I encourage you to consult with your surgeon as he/she knows the exact details of your surgery.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS