So Much Pain in my Left Buttock After Fat Transfer! Is This Normal?

I had liposuction all over ( tummy flanks belly back ) and fat transfer to buttocks. It's been two weeks since my surgery and I'm experiencing a lot of numbness in my left leg and left arm not to mention the pain in my left butt cheek ! It's so painful it's hard for me to use the tearoom ! I talked to my doctor and he seems very careless and just says " it's normal" ! Is this normal ? What should I do ?

Left leg numbness after fat transfer to the Buttocks

+1

Numbness in the legs after fat transfer may indicate an injury to the sciatic nerve. This nerve is located in the deep layers of the buttocks. Injury can occur from direct contact from fat transfer cannulas when fat is transferred during surgery or from pressure due to excess fat deposited in the area of the nerve. Both direct trauma and pressure neuropathy (numbness) can be self-limiting and improve as you heal. But, if your symptoms continue, an MRI could provide images showing the condition of the sciatic nerve and surrounding buttock soft tissue to help determine a cause of the numbness. Thank you for sharing your concerns. Best wishes.