Pain in Lower Right Side of Left Breast, by the Breast Bone..Sternum Feels Sore to Touch 7 Weeks After Augmentation

First breast augmentation 7 weeks ago today with silicone gel implants. My recovery had been great, until six days ago when I woke up in the morning realizing the the right lower side of my left breast was very tender and sore. I worked out the next day taking a zumba after the class the pain increased and I had numbness all the way up to the nipple. Six days have passed and it is still quite sore. It isn't hard, no lumps, and no fever. My doc says possible costochondritis, but NSAIDs no help

Pain after exercies

+1
It is likely that the rumba class stained or irritated the muscle in the area next to the sternum. Frequently, these muscle attachment are weakened during the surgery to allow the implant to settle properly. You may have pulled or strained these weakened attachments. Give it a little time to heal and consult with your plastic surgeon to be evaluated.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Muscle Injury After Breast Augmentation

+1

I will assume that your implants are beneath the muscle.  The vigorous activity of your Zumba class may have irritated or even partially torn the muscle at its sternal attachment.  I would recommend No vigorous activity/rest and pain control. Good Luck.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Pain after workout and implants

+1

It is most likely related to the towrk out , but if you are still sore after a week, you  may want to see your surgeon to be checked out.