Pain in Left Breast 8 Months Post Breast Aug?

I had breast augmenation in April last year and things were fine until recently when I started getting weird pain and burning sansation in my left breast the pain kind of radiate to my arm uper back in the shoulder blade area. I asked my doctor and he said things are fine it's just nerves acting up! I kind of feel that the left breast is a little firmer. Also I hear fluid movement. My doctor don't seam to see any problem with that!

Capsular Contracture Concerns

+1

In this case, if your plastic surgeon examined you, and the breasts were not consistent with capsular contracture, there may not be much to do.  If, for some reason, you do not trust your surgeon, get another one. 

Pain and Firmness of Breasts 8 months after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the new onset of discomfort and firmness, 8 months after breast augmentation surgery. Given your description, you may be dealing with the onset of breast implant encapsulation. You may wish to request additional consultation with your plastic surgeon and/or seek additional opinions  with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.

Pain in breast after 8 months

+1

You may be developing a capsular contracture. It is not common to have fluid around the implant.  Sounds like you need an evaluation.

The development will of capsular contracture is seldom accompanied by breast pain.

+1

The description seems to be of an evolving capsular contracture. The presence of pain is uncommon will but not unheard of. Nevertheless, the problem with the breast should be thoroughly investigated by the plastic surgeon.

Pain After Breast Augmentation

+1

Thanks for asking the question and I'm sorry to hear of your problem.  You seem to be describing the formation of capsular contracture around the implant, which unfortunately is the most common reason to need additional surgery after breast augmentation.  If you also hear fluid, you may additionally have a seroma although this is unlikely.  I suggest you get a second opinion from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to get a better idea of the condition of your breast augmentation.  I'm a big fan of getting second opinions whenever you are in doubt.  Best wishes!

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon