1 Month Post-Op and I'm Having Pain in Left Breast, Doctor Said I Didn't Need to See Him Again, What Should I Do?

I got my breast done Jan 17, and am still having bad pain in left breast.It feels almost like it is knocking around in there. The right side is wonderful, and the left side hurts. I used to ice it alot. The doctor told me that because he was right handed he had a harder time with the left one because of the angle. I saw him at 3 weeks and he told me I didn't have to see him again.I am worried about this, my husband stated that once the doctor got the money and did the surgery, that would be it.

Breast pain 1 month after augmentation

+1

It is fairly common to have intermittent breast discomfort several weeks or months after breast surgery. Generally, these pains are fleeting and become farther and farther apart until finally, they just disappear. However, at Gayoso Plastic Surgery, I follow patients more closely and feel that it is a bit odd that your surgeon would release you completely at this point. I would contact the office again, explain that your breast discomfort does not seem to be improving and ask for another post operative appointment. 

Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Pain one month post augmentation

+1
Having pain or discomfort in one breast even months after augmentation is not unusual. Usually the discomfort becomes less severe, lasts for shorter periods of time and occurs less frequently with time. Based on what patients state as their experience, it usually takes about 6-12 weeks before they don't really think about their implants anymore. However, if you are having pain, you should be followed or evaluated by your board certified plastic surgeon.
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Breast pain after implants

+1

I find it a bit odd for a surgeon to say that you do  not have to come back after three weeks from your surgery. I try to see people back multiple times and then at their yearly anniversary.   If you have pain,  it should be evaluated.

Pain after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Unfortunately,  it is not possible to give you good advice without direct examination. It is somewhat unusual that your plastic surgeon “does not need to see you again” at this stage. I would suggest that you call his office and arrange for follow-up; hopefully, there was some form of miscommunication during the last visit.

If your plastic surgeon is unwilling to see you,  it will be in your best interest to seek consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Pain after breast augment

+1

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with pain after surgery. Although it is not unusual to have different amounts of pain in the two breasts, it sounds like you are having a significant difference. There can be a number of causes for this but your surgeon is the best one to see you and diagnose the cause. At one month post op I think your surgeon should still be willing to see you. If he refuses, you should probably seek help from another, Board certified plastic surgeon but most of us are reluctant to see someone else's patient. So your best bet is to return to your current surgeon. Good luck to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon