How Much Pain & Healing Time Can I Expect with Implant Exchange From Over the Muscle to Under?

I'm getting my 450cc saline overs replaced to silicone under. I do want to go bigger but worried about the changing of the pocket-healing and appearance. I lost over 20lbs in the last year so I am pretty much just down to skin over implant (I am 5'4", 115lbs)with tons of rippling now,dont need a lift. I don't have an accurate bra size,about a 34c I guess. I want very full D's and w/ much less space between my cleavage. My doc suggested 700cc hp. Sounds huge. Is this surgery going to be intense?

Breast implant exchange for rippling

+3

700 cc implants are pretty big for your body size.  Keep in mind that the lower part of the implant will still not have muscle over it.  You will have a fairly heavy implant pushing against the skin and breast tissue because of gravity, and there is a higher chance of having bottoming out with an implant of that size.

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Implant exchange over to under

+3

There are many factors that play a role in implant selction, such as width of the chest  and of of the implant.  A 700CC implant is a large implant  for your 5'4 115 lb frame.  If you really want  to be a very full D, you may well need this size, although smaller implants with less projection can usually create a natural look with cleavage and a D/DD cup.  The things that you need to consider is that long term, this implant will cause further strech to the skin and possible strain to the back, possibly causing you to seek an uplift in the future.  Excessively large implants that are covered by skin and muscle are more prone to show rippling even if they are silicone.  The surgery will most likely not be intense b/c it sounds like your skin is already streched out, and the muscle will strech to accomodate an implant.    Good Luck

Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after Breast Augmentation Revision?

+2

Obviously, it is not possible to give you precise advice about the expected outcome of your revisionary surgery without direct examination.

Generally speaking, breast augmentation done in the submuscular position involves a longer recovery and more discomfort than breast implants placed in the sub glandular position. Generally, patients require 2 to 4 days of narcotic use after surgery.

Best wishes with your revisionary surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastrevision.htm

Recovery after Breast Implant Exchange in Los Angeles

+2

Usually, breast implant exchange is not as painful as the initial breast augmentation. the exception is that when the implant position is being changed to under the muscle, then there is more pain associated with stretching of the muscle. therefore, you should expect to have probably the same amount of post-operative pain as your initial breast augmentation.

Web reference: http://www.beautifulfigure.com/breastaugmentation_recovery.htm

700cc Implants Likely to Result in "Fake Look"

+2

With your relatively small frame, 700cc implants are  likely to give you a very "fake look".  If this not desirable to you, you should seriously consider a second opinion and significantly smaller implants.  As far as the recovery is concerned, moving your implants to a submuscular location will probably involve a recovery period comparable to your original surgery.

Breast implant revision

+2

well you are right about one thing: a 700 cc implant is quite large. Actually depends on your perspective, if you're looking for a subtle change is enormous, if you are tall and bulky it is not. At 5 foot four, 115 pounds this implant is enormous. Again, the concept of size has changed over the past decade where the base width of the implant and the projection of the implant are equally important as to the volume of the implant. A 700 mL implant on a patient who has thin skin almost guarantees that gravity and the quality of your skin will necessitate a revision in a few years. Answering your question about a sub muscular implant, placement of a normal sized implant in this plane should not be painful if performed correctly. However a 700 mL implant placed anywhere will initially be uncomfortable. I suggest that you reassess the need for an uplift if your surgeon is suggesting that size implants. Maybe a second consultation with another qualified surgeon in your area would be beneficial.

Web reference: http://www.nyplasticsurg.com

Implant Exchange

+1

Generally, implant exchange is involves less recovery than the original surgery.  However, since you are changing location of the implant pocket, you may have some mild temporary discomfort after surgery - similar to the original surgery.  If you are skin thin, then moving the implants to under the muscle is essential.  700 cc implants are very large and may continue to thin your tissue even if under the muscle since there will be a constant stress from the weight on the skin and muscle.  Hopefully all of this has been explained to you before surgery.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Rippling

+1

Certainly rippling is a problem. Placing the implants under the muscle may help camouflage the upper pole, but the lower pole may need strattice.  I do not like super large implants like 700 cc's.