Pain & Healing Process in Removing a Mole?

How long will my skin take to heal when I get a flat mole removed. (my doctor said the only way to remove flat moles is to cut deep because it's in the skin) How bad will it hurt and what kind of scar will I get?

Treatment for a flat mole

+1

Flat moles can often be easily removed using a shave excision technique that typically results in a minimal scar. With this method, the mole is actually shaved off at a very superficial level just below the surface of the skin. The procedure typically takes less than a minute and is painless after a tiny injection to numb the area. I would recommend having this treatment done by a board certified dermatologist as they are the experts in doing shave excisions.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon