Is It Painful to Have Lipo In a Area One Has Had It Done Before?

I have had TT,BA, BL and lipo 7/2011 will it be more painful because I am getting lipo in some of the same areas to transfer to buttocks? 3/2013 Thank you

Repeat Liposuction: Pain and Graft Quality

+2

An area treated with liposuction will be fibrous from scar tissue, which means that passage of the liposuction cannula will meet more resistance from your tissues.  On the other hand, the nerves in this area will already have decreased sensitivity from your previous treatment.  My experience has been that the actual procedure is more painful, and so a general anesthetic is necessary.  On the other hand, you should have less pain after the procedure and your swelling should subside more quickly.

Because the tissues will be more fibrous, the fat cells are more likely to be damaged during removal (harvest), and the fat graft may be less successful at augmenting your buttocks.

Good Luck!

Pain associated with Repeat Liposuction

+1

Scar tissue may complicate the surgery. However, the nerves in the area may be less sensitive due to the previous surgery. The tradeoff may make the surgery more painful but not necessarily significantly more. Ensure that your surgeon knows that you have had liposuction in that area previously so he/she can prepare properly.

Lipo

+1
It doesn't make a difference if you have had Lipo before. The amount of pain should be the same as the first time around. Make sure you tell your plastic surgeon that you have had surgery before.

Liposuction

+1

Doing liposuction to areas that had been liposuctioned in the past may be more difficult because of scarring. I do not believe it is more painfull than the first time.The use of any source of energy with liposuction may increase the scarring in the fat and thus more difficult to liposuction.