Why All This Pain and Drainage After Having Butt Implants?

i had butt implants done 4/21/11 and they're placed on top of the muscle but my dr said that he placed thm under the muscle but i can clearly feel thm under my skin.i'm draining like crazy and i have pain tht shoots up my back.i can never get a straight answer out of my dr,so i'm trying to find out what the problem could be.

Leaking butt implants

+1

Sorry to hear you are having such difficulties with your butt implants.  At this stage, I believe that your implants will have to be removed.  Once these implants are exposed to air they frequently become infected.  It sounds like that has happened in your situation.  I would have a conversation with your plastic surgeon as to the next step.  If you are not happy with the answer you can always seek another opinion.

Post-op Buttock Implant With Persistent Pain/Drainage

+1

Although it is possible to still be experiencing some aches and pains, one should not still be having any drainage 3 months after buttock implants.  If you have not been able to get a clear answer &/or solution from you operating surgeon then I highly recommend getting another direct hands on consultation from another, preferably board certified, plastic surgeon that performs this operation frequently...the sooner the better.  Best of luck...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD

Possible Complication of Buttock Implants

+1

Clear and open communication between the patient and the surgeon is extremely important. It is a common mistake to go with the surgeon who appears too busy to speak with you. Such interaction will continue after surgery and worse yet, may continue when you suffer a complication. You MUST pick a surgeon you can speak with who understands you.

It sounds like the placement of the implants were not fully discussed and or understood by you. Furthermore, persistent drainage and pain suggest that an infection may have taken place. Your surgeon MUST be made aware of it immediately. If he will not take care care of it you may need to seek care elsewhere.

Peter a Aldea, MD

Time for a second opinion

+1

It sounds like you might have infected implants or a seroma.  Something is wrong if there is drainage and persistent pain.  If your doctor is not responding to you, get your records from them and go seek a second opinion.  The records are important so a new doctor will know what was done and getting them will tell your first doctor's office that you are more unhappy than they seem to think.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS