Pain - Donut/Peri-areloar Lift Post-op (No Implants)

I would like to hide my surgery from the people I live with, and was wondering what the pain and discomfort is like directly after surgery, (surgery would be performed under local anesthetics). I.e. Is it possible for me to get back home after surgery via public transport on my own, and could I hide my surgery by faking being sick.

Breast Lifting and Aftercare?

+1

It will be in your best interests to let at least one person know that you are having surgery;  this person can help you with rides and assistance for a day or 2 after surgery.

Breast lift under local anesthesia.

+1

We give oral sedatives to our patients during local anesthesia and do not allow patients to take public transportation or even a cab.  There has to be someone to drive you home.  We also advise the patient to have a caretaker for the first night.  It is in your best interest to find a friend who you can trust to help you out and stay with you.  This is for your own safety.

Cannot hide surgery from everyone

+1

No, it is not possible to completely hide this from everyone.  You definitely need someone to drive you home the day of and assist you the night of surgery.  We will not allow patients to go home via public transport. 

Robert N. Young, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Post-op pain after a breast lift

+1

While the pain is  not usually too bad after a bresat lift, I always have my patients go home with someone who can stay with them for at least the first night.