Pain 5 Days Post Op?

I plan to get a BA 20th dec, I'm worried that if might ruin my Christmas Day tho, how will I feel 5 days post op?

Will a breast enlargement effect my Christmas?

+2

Many thanks for your question. December is one of the busiest times in my practice in Tunbridge Wells, because many people take advantage of the holiday period for recovery. 

Having a breast augmentation 5-days before Christmas should be fine, as long as you are not the one doing all the work on Christmas Day!

If you are able to take it easy, and have everyone else do the work, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck, and merry Christmas!

London Plastic Surgeon

Pain 5 Days Post Op?

+2

Everyone is different but most of my patients only need pain meds for a couple of days and are usually back to work by 5 days post op.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Take it easy

+1
You may feel some discomfort and pain after breast augmentation, but this is generally well controlled by pain medications. Most patients experience a moderate degree of discomfort for up to 7-14 days so you'll probably be a little out of it on Christmas. You won't be able to do much, so please don't host any parties or cook anything extravagant!

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Post op pain after breast augmentation

+1

In my practice I have found that most patients are doing fairly well on post operative day number five following a breast augmentation. It is important however to remember that everyone has a different pain threshold as well as postoperative recovery. Your physician and their staff will help to guide you through this period.

Joanne Lopes, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Most patients well healed for day-to-day activity five days after breast augmentation.

+1

Most patients five days after breast augmentation go about their daily activities. A sub glandular placement as a much easier convalescence in a sub muscular.

Pain 1 week post-op is hard to predict

+1

I often tell my patients that if I had the opportunity to pick any surgical instrument in the world I would pick a crystal ball!  Without that, there is simply no way to predict how any one individual will perform after surgery in any capacity, whether that be swelling, pain, bruising, capsule contracture, or any other aspect of recovery.  The best that we can do is fall back on our experience with the operation and report what we typically see.  In my practice, I typically see soreness and slow activity in my patients for 2 or 3 days following surgery followed by a return to light daily activity, including driving a car off of narcotic pain medication by 5 days to a week.  Beyond that it is difficult to give any meaningful guidance.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Breast augmentation and recovery

+1

At five days after a breast augmentation you will likely not feel your best.  If you celebrate Christmas  it may be a bit uncomfortable.  Sorry to be the Grinch, but I would err toward the side of caution.