8 days post op Breast Augmentation of 330cc, anatomical, submuscular. I am feeling severe pain. Is this normal?

My PS said that his patients wake pain free and then it is upto me to stay on top of my pain meds. I woke & was in pain, had an injection-tramadol this did NOT help,stayed on top of my meds. Never felt any pain relief, even took a double dose of morphine again no relief. Stopped taking everything on day 5. Carrying on with pain each day & following PS guidelines for what I can't do but the pain isnt getting easier. AM for the first 3 hours & the whole time in bed at night I feel the worst pain!

Healing after Breast Augmentation

+1
Thank you for your inquiry about healing after breast augmentation.

You recently had your surgery. Things take time to heal and one side may heal faster than the other and some aches and pains are normal. However, if you are having serious concerns you should contact your plastic surgeon's office for advice as soon as possible.  If you have lost faith in your surgeon, consider a second opinion with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Go to the American Society of Plastic Surgeon's website to find qualified surgeons near you.  Hope this helps.

EM

Pain in submuscular breast implants

+1
Hello, is common to feel pain after a submuscular breast implants placement, your plastic surgeon must be informed, and he will prescribe a good anthalgic to release you form pain. Just call him and good luck.

Luis Lopez Tallaj, MD

BBA

+1
Pain is very subjective.  Most people shouldn't experience what you're describing.  You should see your PS to make sure everything is progressing alright.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Post op pain

+1
Every patient's experience with post-op pain is unique. I don't think it is likely that you will get much useful advice over the internet--a call and visit to your surgeon is in order. There are sometimes complications of surgery that can be the cause (bleeding for example) and these would need to be addressed.

Thanks for your question, best wishes.

Pain

+1
Pain is subjective and everyone feels it differently, that being said in general at this point you should be seeing a decrease in your pain associated with your augment and its important to see your surgeon to rule out any probems causing the pain

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Is it normal to feel pain for eight days post breast augmentation?

+1
Based on the information that you provide I feel it would be important that you contact your plastic surgeon for an evaluation it is possible that something else could be going on!

William G. Hart Jr., MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon