Painful Stitches After Chin Implant Normal?

I had a Chin implant a month ago and still have the stitches. They hurt especially when I eat I feel like something is pushing in my incision site and the numbness on the inside of my lower lip. I went to my surgeon and he said everything was good and not to try to find wrong things when there isn't; but I dont feel normal. What can I do? Please help.

After chin implants tenderness and pain in incision may occur

+1

It depends on the type of stitches that are used but it may take well over 3 months for the stitches to completely absorb. During this time they can cause inflammation and irritation. Continue to follow up with your surgeon so that he/she can perform regular examinations.

You are doing the correct thing

+1

Keep in contact with your treating doctor. To really answer your question, a doctor would need to see you. It maybe worth the money to give you peace of mind.

In general, it can take 3-6 months to heal from chin implant surgery. It is not uncommon to have the incision line, AKA sutures, still felt at one month assuming the incisions were inside your mouth. It can also be normal to have numbness at one month. The "pushing" sensation maybe just the tension on your incision line. So seeing another doctor in your area maybe the right thing to do.

Michael Kulick, MD