How is the Pain and Bruising After Smart Lipo?

Hi, my name is Ana. I'm going to have Smart Lipo done on Dec. 18 on the love handles, banana roll and inside of my thighs. I'm scared because my husband doesn't know and I don't want him to know. I want to know if I'm going to have a lot bruises and how bad is the pain after? Thank you.

Smart Lipo and bruising

+2

Unfortunately, everyone is different. You will be sore, almost like you worked out with a trainer at the gym. The more you move around, the better. We ask that our patients wear a compression garment for a full 7 days/ 24 hrs a day (except for showering). As far as bruising is concerned, some patients have minimal to no bruising. Stay away from any aspirin products, and vitamins such as fish oil at least a week before the procedure.

You're probably experience a lot of bruising with Smart Lipo

+2

From what it sounds, my guess is that you aren't going to a board certified dermatogist and so you will probably not have the true tumescent method performed. If you were to have that, the chances of any bruising would be diminished greatly.

Having said that, it is a very bad idea to not involve your husband in this. Were you to have a complication that decision could be potentially even deadly as he will most likely be the one caring for and observing you after the procedure and he needs to be aware that you may have some problems.

You need to tell him and involve him in this. Good luck.

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist

Smart Lipo and bruising

+1

Smart Lipo can produce similar results as other techniques of liposuction. Therefore, you will have bruising and swelling of the tissues. Most likely you will need to wear a garment afterwards and you will have some discomfort.

Pain and bruising after Smart Lipo

+1

Everyone is different when it comes to the pain and bruising after smart lipo. The general impression is that the pain and bruising is minimal but it could be worse. It is not unusual for a patient not to tell their spouse but it is quite unfortunate that that is the case. My recommended policy is always be honest with your family memebers especially your spouse.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon