Pain and Bruising 4 Months After Fat Transfer?

I am 4 months a 10 days from liposuction and fat transfer to the buttocks. I received 1100 cc's in each cheek. My problem is that I fear that I may have an infection. My right cheek still has a red bruise about the size of a silver dollar and it is hot to the touch and throbs in pain on and off during the day. The area around that bruise is numb. What could this be? This is my third time having this procedure and I've never experienced this the first 2 times.

Infection after buttocks fat transfer

+1

Unfortunately infection can occur after fat transfer to the buttocks.  You should see you surgeon immediately for evaluation.  He/she should examine you to make sure everything is ok.  Pain and redness are definitely signs suspicious for infection.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Web reference: http://www.makeyouperfect.com

Infection after fat injections to the buttock

+1

You are correct to wonder if you have an infection since the area is red and hot and tender. Although fat necrosis and panniculitis may hurt and be tender they may not be hot. Please see your doctor right away. This may not be a diagnosis that can be confirmed as there may not be material to culture and your doctor may have to treat you with antibiotics based on clinical judgment. Atypical mycobacterial infections can take a while to surface and can take many weeks of antibiotic therapy to be treated.