Pain/Bruise Below Ribcage After Tummy Tuck

At 10 days post op, do most patients stil feel extreme tightness below the ribcage? has anyone ripped their muscles in that area?

Pain after a tummy tuck

+4

It is common for patients to feel pain under their ribcage after a tummy tuck if the muscles have been tightened.  The rectus muscle has attachments to the rib cage and when it is tightened you will feel it in this area.  Although not common, stitches can pull through or break or muscles can tear.  At 10 days post op I would not be worried unless you have other findings to suggest something is wrong.  I am sure you will be seeing your surgeon frequently during the healing process so make sure to express your concerns.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon