Dull Pain Following Breast Implants 2 Years Ago, Should I Be Worried?

I had my BA 2 years ago which are under the muscle. I have recently developed a dull ache under my right implant near where my scar is, they look and feel the same. I do have to do some heavy lifting at work sometimes do you think I have anything to worry about

New Dull Breast Pan 2 Yeas after Breast Augmentation

+1

Healing after breast augmentation is fairly quick and any entrapped nerve is obvious within 6 months of the surgery. When new onset breast aching or any other symptomatology taking place a year or more after the surgery need to be investigated and te likelihood of a leak or delayed infection need to be considered after the more common explanations such as a bruised or pulled muscle are excluded. 

Dull ache of breast after lifting

+1

Very possible that the dull ache is related to the lifitng, however it is always safe to get examined by your surgeon just to be sure.

+1

Best to be examined in person by your surgeon but I guess it is scar tissue or a nerve entraped in scar tissue, or a deep cyst in the scar. Seek in person evaluation. 

Ache two years after augmentation

+1
GIven that you did some heavy lifting, in all likelihood, what you are feeling is musculoskeletal and unrelated to the implants. If the aching continues, you should see your plastic surgeon as well as a physician specializing in neurology or orthopedics.

"Ache" after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Given that the “dull ache” is not associated with any change in the breast shape or feel,  it is very likely that your discomfort is related to your heavy lifting.  If possible you should rest the  size that is experiencing the discomfort. Use of anti-inflammatories may be helpful.  If the discomfort continues, a visit with your plastic surgeon may be helpful.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

Pain at My Breast Augmentation Incision Site

+1

Dear Tinkerbell224,  There are many reasons why you may be experiencing discomfort around your incision area even as far out as two years after your surgery.  It is possible that the physical strain you recently experienced could have stretched some old scar tissues or pulled one of the many muscles that are in this area.  These types of strains and stresses usually respond very well to one of the NSAID medications such as Motrin or Alleve.  

Even two years after your surgery, it is still possible for some or the nerves that were injured during your surgery to still be healing which can cause a pain or discomfort in the adjacent region.  Again, these types of pains usually respond well to the NSAID meds.

Lastly, while you do not note any changes to your breast appearance or feel, discomfort in the breasts sometimes may be the first symptom or sign of developing a contracture around the implant.

If your symptoms persist, please contact your plastic surgeon who can best advise you on how to proceed.  I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon