Pain After Arm Liposuction and Breast Implants

It's been 33 days since I had arm Liposuction and Breast Augmentation through my arm pit. It looks like a tendon was attached to the area that was stitched up. Each time I lift my arm, something pops out of the arm pit area and is very painful. My arms are extremely stiff from my arm pit to my elbows. Is there anything I can do for the pain, stiffness, and numbness? Also, should I be concerned about this thing popping out of my arm pit? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you

Physical therapy will help painful band after liposuction.

+1

Hi.

We have seen this occasionally and it almost always gets better with physical therapy and lymphatic drainage massage.  The sooner you start it the better.

See your plastic surgeon

+1

This is most likely the benign condition from a thrombosed superficial vein but you should see your plastic surgeon for conformation.

If this is the diagnosis then it will treated conservatively with warm compresses, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, such a Motrin, and time.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Fibrotic bands after Arm liposuction and breast surgery

+1

This occasionally occurs with breast surgery and is similar to a condition called Mondor's disease. It may be due to thrombosed or fibrotic lympatic or vascular structures.

Time and massage are probably your best options. It is not unusual for this to be most prominent at 3 weeks after surgery, remain stable for an addtional 3 weeks and then slowly subside after that.

Some physcians recommend anti-inflammatory meds during this period while others strongly recommend avouding these meds. Discuss this with your surgeon.