Is Pain and Swelling of the Legs Normal After Vaser Lipo Although You Didn't Have Surgery on Them?

I had vaser lipo on December 7 and the next day I began to have pain in my upper left leg and both my feet began swell. I was wondering is this normal?

Post Vaser Lipo Swelling

+1

Thank you for your question. Gravity will move the fluid to the legs and feet. This is normal, but not everyone gets swelling. This is a variable, and not all patients swell the same. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Swelling in feet after vaser

+1

If you had treatment on your thighs swelling in lower legs is relatively common due to gravitation it travels down. wearing whole leg compression leggins can be helpful. You, however, should see your surgeon for review and post-operative treatments like lymphatic drainage massaging etc

Alexandra Chambers, MD
London Dermatologist

Vaser lipo and pain

+1

You did not mention what areas you had Vaser lipo. Some discomfort after areas liposuctioned is common. If you have pain in the legs and they were not treated, then you should speak to your doctor.