Why Do I Have Pain and Swelling in Right Breast 9 Months Post Op After Under Muscle Silicone Implants?

All was good until three days ago when i awoke in extreme pain in my right breast which is now very swollen and looks at least twice normal size. It now feels very different to touch as before it was firm and well placed but now it is softer and seems to have spread more under my armpit. It is very large painful and hot to touch. I am also experiencing flu like symptoms with varying temp of hot and sweaty to extremely cold. I would appreciate any ideas of what the problem could be

Concerns of Breast Implant Infection

+1

Any concerns of breast implant infection, which you are describing, should be attended to immediately.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast issue

+1

Could you have an infection?  Perhaps. It is best to see your doctor ASAP.  Why would you have a breast twice the size of the other?

Silicone implant and swelling

+1

Based on what you described you should see your plastic surgeon or go to the emergency room as soon as possible.

Scott Loessin, MD
Key West Plastic Surgeon

Pain and swelling 9 months after breast augmentation

+1

Hello 'q1017064', thanks for your question.  It sounds like you have developed an acute infection of one of your breast implants.  I am also concerned that you may be getting septic based on the description of your symptoms, which is an infection in your bloodstream.  I recommend calling your plastic surgeon or going to the emergency room right away to be treated urgently.  You may need removal of your infected implant with IV antibiotics to help treat this potentially life-threatening infection.  Best of luck! -Dr.92660

Parviz Goshtasby, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Pain and Swelling 9 months after Breast Augmentation

+1

You need to contact your surgeon now, or go to the emergency room.  It sound like an implant infection.  This needs to be addressed today.  Best of luck to you!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Why Do I Have Pain and Swelling in Right Breast 9 Months Post Op

+1

Something has happened that needs urgent attention, and a call to your surgeon now is in order. 

I would suspect an implant infection, and it seems, with fever and chills, like an emergent problem. If you cannot get hold of your surgeon, get to your nearest emergency room. Best wishes.