Pain and discomfort in left breast implant. Is this capsular contracture? (Photo)

I had breast implant surgery on 21st April '14. (700 cc Mentor high profile implants (submuscular) I am worried about my left implant. The right has settled, I have very little discomfort with it. The left feels uncomfortable with some pain. It feels like I have a ball inside, heavier then the right implant but outside it feels soft to the touch - the same as the right. Is it CC although it sits normally. I was told to massage gently but am worried I may have caused bleeding - how will I know?

Capsular Contracture Possible

+1
Capsular contracture involves scarring and tightening around the implant, causing the breast to feel firm and sometimes look abnormally round or elevated. This can sometimes be treated without surgery, but if the problem persists, may require another operation. I recommend you go back to your surgeon to have your breast checked out as soon as you can. Best of luck.

Postop concerns

+1
Greetings
Obviously ,first stop is back to your surgeon for an exam and consultation.Capsular contractures this early are pretty rare but can happen.If there were bleeding or a hematoma,your surgeon might be able to tell with a brief exam or a simple ultrasound could tell.
Best regards and good health
Dr Savage

Robert Savage, MD
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

CAPCPN?

+1
Hard to get a capsule this early but it is not impossible, important to see your surgeon to decided if you should start some non surgical options

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

BBA

+1
The only way to know will be to see your plastic surgeon in person so they can examine you.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Healing after Breast Augmentation

+1
Thank you for your inquiry about healing after breast augmentation.

You recently had your surgery. Things take time to heal and one side may heal faster than the other and some aches and pains are normal. However, if you are having serious concerns you should contact your plastic surgeon's office for advice as soon as possible.

Best Wishes.
EM

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Post op questions

+1
I see nothing particularly troublesome in the photo.  The picture itself is not ideal, since it is not taken straight on, and the arms should be at your sides. 

Four weeks is quite early to have a capsule formed let alone be contracted. 

Proper reassurance will come from a call into your surgeon who knows you, knows what was done, and is following your recovery.  All the best.