Pain and burning after coughing did I mess up the muscle repair?

I had a full tummy tuck on January 2, 2014. On January 5 I got choked while eating and coughed twice with much pain and burning. The pain subsided within just a few minutes. I did get swelling that went down by the time I saw the doctor the next day. The swelling is now coming and going and I am very concerned. It is not painful anymore. Could this be due to fluid or muscle? I am so scared to need another procedure.

Tummy tuck and post operative coughing causing pain and burning

+2
At just a few days post op after a tummy tuck, it is not unusual to have some pain and burning especially after coughing.  It is also not unusual to have some swelling in the first week or two after the surgery.  The swelling you are having is probably due to some fluid accumulation and doesn't necessarily mean that you damaged the muscle repair.  If your doctor gave you a compression garment, be sure to wear it.  Let your surgeon know about your concerns but don't worry in most cases this will resolve over the next few weeks.  Best wishes.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon