Pain After Nose Surgery

I had a rhinoplasty 3,5 weeks ago and my nose is still very swallen and sore. For the first 2 weeks the pain was so strong that I was prescribed an antibiotic treatment. I've been taking them for 8 days, but the pain is still there. I haven't got the sense of smell back yet. Why is my nose sore?

Pain after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is unusual to have significant pain 3 1/2 weeks after rhinoplasty surgery.  You may have a low pain threshold, but you should be examined by your surgeon.

Rhinoplasty pain

+1

Having pain after a rhinoplasty 3.5 weeks after surgery is not common. Get evaluated by your surgeon to see what is going on.

Pain is Unusual Following Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

It is very unusual to have significant pain after rhinoplasty, especially 3 1/2 weeks later.  You should be examined by your rhinoplasty surgeon.  Antibiotic treatment is for infection, not pain. 

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.