5 Weeks Post Op TT, Pain After Muscle Repair, Have I Done Damage?

I am 5 weeks post op (tummy tuck with muscle repair) and have been feeling quite sore over the last few days. i wonder if I have overdone things, i have only been walking slowly but have done an hour or two each day sightseeing with frequent rests. do you think this is too much? my muscles on the right side feel very tender almost like cramp and i have had some spasms on the right side. I hope i havent done any damage- what are the chances of that at this point in my recovery?

Post-op pain after tummy tuck @ 5 weeks

+1

It is very unlikely that you have damaged your tummy tuck with muscle repair.  At five weeks after tummy tuck, you are correctly  increasing your activity levels and muscle strain/soreness is to be expected.  Early on in the recovery, you were probably limited in your activity level.  Now your abdominal muscles must get used to the activities of daily living and soreness is normal.  By five weeks your muscle repair has gained significant strength.  It is always a good idea to check with your surgeon. 

Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Damage Done after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Based on the description of your activity level, I think the chances are very slim that you have done any “damage” to the muscle repair or any other aspect of your tummy tuck operation.  The tenderness/spasms may suggest however that you should slow down a little bit. For real reassurance  follow-up with your plastic surgeon for direct examination.

Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm