Are Pain and Lumps Normal 3 Months After Injection to Lips?

I have had lip filler injections about 3 months ago, and they are still painful and a little lumpy, is that normal? ( I dont remember what the filler was unfortunately)

Pain and lumps from lip injections

+2

Once the swelling has resolved which can take up to one week, it would be unusual to still have lumps in your lips. You should return to your physician injector to be re-evaluated and find out what was used. Hopefully it was a hyaluronic acid product like Juvederm or Restylane. Because this is an art as much as it is a science, it is especially important to remember that the experience and technique of your physician injector is the most critical part to your achieving a beautiful, natural result.  The video link below shows me injecting my wife’s lips with Restylane!

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation Results

+2

Pain in the lips 3 months after having lip augmentation is unusual.  Lumpiness in the lips 3 months after having lip augmentation is not impossible but is not desirable.  I recommend you follow up immediately with the physician who did the lip augmentation injections for you.  Click on the link below to see before and after photos of lip augmentation done in our office. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Lips after filler

+2

You should not have pain in  your lips 3 months after filler injections. Lumps may occur but it would be best to be evaluated.