Pain After Breast Lift. 7 Months Out. Is This Normal?

I had a breast lift with implants 7 months ago. My breasts are still consistently sore and tender. They feel slightly bruised when squeezed. They are also very sensitive. Is this normal? Could my muscle still be adjusting to the implant? I exercise and was in good shape before surgery. It was a full anchor lift with 400 cc saline implants under the muscle. I have had couple revision surgeries to correct puckering on one nipple and a suture problem on the other nipple.

Breast Implants

+1

This is unusual.  You should see your PS to ensure that there is nothing sinister occurring.  It could be something benign, but it is best to get checked out.  If you do not feel satisfied with your PS's opinion or assessment, you should get a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

+1

This is not the norm but scar tissue can be tender and sore for up to a year. You should see your PS and let him do an exam to rule out anything significant.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Post Operative Breast Augmentation

+1

Consult with your board certified plastic surgeon on your post-operative concerns. If for some reason you are not comfortable doing this, seek a second opinion through a consultation and examination with another reputable surgeon.

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Pain seven months after mastopexy in breast augmentation is unusual.

+1

Significant discomfort seven months after the operation is not expected. This is something you should go over with the surgeon.