Pain 10 Months After Tummy Tuck.... Could It Be Nerve Damage?

I had an ETT 10 months ago. I had no problems and have healed very well. Daughter married 2 months ago. I danced ALOT (47 and healthy) and made the DUMB mistake of picking up my now son-in-law (with the help of a girlfriend). The day after the wedding, I started having these symptoms.... * Pain/burning at incision and VERY tight feeling * Pain down leg, thigh to knee (and burning) * Gets better when lying down, worse when hiking or lots of exercise Thoughts? Thanks so much!!

Pain after a tummy tuck.

+2

From your description, you seemed to do well until the incident 2 months ago. The description of your pain (down the thigh to the knee) does sound similar to nerve pain which can happen following a tummy tuck. The "tightness" and burning are concerning. It is important for you to see your plastic surgeon to evaluate your abdomen and complaints. This may require some sort of imaging as well to make sure you do not have a more serious injury.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Injury after Tummy Tuck?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your “injury”;  it sounds  like something potentially serious occurred with the lifting. Evaluation by your surgeon and/or any referring physician he/she feels potentially beneficial will be necessary.

Pain after ETT

+1

It sounds like you have a serious problem that requires further investigation including a CAT scan or an MRI.  It sounds like there is a nerve "pinch" that may be unrelated to your surgery.  It could be a disk problem or other nerve pathology.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD