Paid and Booked for Face Peel 2 Months Ago, but Last Week Found out I Had a Cancer Mark on my Back, Should I Go Ahead with Peel?

face and back

Chemical Peels and Skin Cancer

+1

Thank you for your question. It is important to first resolve the skin cancer. Depending on the type, most skin cancers are easily treatable when caught in its earliest stage. There is no harm in doing a peel, but I would prioritize treatment of the skin cancer first.  Allow your surgeon or board certified dermatologist make the call and follow their advice.  I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Chemical Peel at the same time as other treatments - safe in most cases

+1

It is perfectly safe to undergo both treatment of your back skin cancer and a peel to the face safely. 

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Face peel

+1

You should have your skin cancer treated first and then you can go ahead and have the face peel.  Your skin cancer is important to treat but would not be a contraindication for the peel.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist