Will Tummy Tuck and Lipo of Waist, I/o Thighs Give Good Results? (photo)

I'm 5'5" and 163lbs, 34 yrs old and have had 4 kids (ages 12, 10, 2.5, and 11 months) I'm scheduled for a full tummy tuck w/ MR and lipo of waist, i/o thighs on August 21, 2013. I'm wondering what results I can expect? When I lay down flat on my back, my stomach is very concave and my hip bones protrude. The pictures above show what standing does for my body (YUK) Do you think I can expect good results from the procedures I have scheduled?

Will TT and lipo of I/O thighs give good results?

+1

Tummy tuck with liposuction of the abdomen, flank, and inner & outer thigh will result in significant improvement in your contour. This is incontrovertibly true from my perspective. But does it meet your expectation? The question and answer necessitates an intense discussion between you and your surgeon after an examine and patient (you) and Doctor interaction.

Bowie Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and Tummy Tuck or improvement of waist

+1

Thank you for your question. From your photographs it does appear that a combination liposuction and Tummy Tuck as a proper procedure for you.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck and Liposuction Combination

+1

A Tummy Tuck and a Liposuction, are perfect procedures for you.

After the surgery, you can expect a thinner, if not flat, abdomen and a smaller waist and better contoured thighs. The most important part to getting the best results is to have realistic expectations. Picking the best board certified Plastic Surgeon for the procedure will be your most important task.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Will Tummy Tuck and Lipo of Waist, I/o Thighs Give Good Results?

+1

Dear M,

Thank you for your post.  Yes, I think you are a good candidate for your chosen procedures.  I'd expect a very nice result in good hands. 

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Lipo of Waist

+1

Tummy Tuck with Liposuction are the right procedures for you, you should expect a falt abdomen and nice results on your waist and thighs

Jhonny Salomon, MD

Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

+1

Based on your photos you are an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck and liposuction. I would anticipate that you will have an excellent result.  For your best result, find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is very experienced in performing these procedures.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

A tummy tuck could be the solution to your problem

+1

A tummy tuck is a great procedure for damage caused by pregnancy to the skin and muscles of the abdomen.   The tightening of the muscles and skin removal will change the shape of you abdomen in a profound way.  The best thing you can do is find a qualified board certified plastic surgeon to do your procedure.  There are multiple photo's on the link before which may give you ideas of what to expect with your tummy tuck.  Good luck!

Dev Wali, MD
Claremont Plastic Surgeon

+1

I think that a tummy tuck coupled with liposuction of the sides and the back as well as inner and outer thighs will give you a very nice result.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Yes, based on your history and photographs ( and assuming realistic expectations), I think you and your plastic surgeon have a good surgical plan.  The best way to answer your questions regarding expected results would be for your plastic surgeon to review before and after pictures of similar patients with you. Spend additional time with your plastic surgeon if necessary.

Since you are about to undergo a major operation which often involves a significant physical and emotional recovery ( often underestimated by surgeons and patients alike), a few words of advice may be helpful:

1. Make sure you are doing the procedure for the right reasons (for yourself)  and that you have realistic expectations.  Be aware that an improvement in the “problem area” may not translate to an overall improvement in your life   situation.  You are bound to be disappointed with results of the procedure if your motivation for doing the surgery is not internally driven.

2. Time your surgery carefully; generally, it is not a good idea to have surgery done during or immediately after a stressful period in life (for example divorce or death of a loved one). The additional stress of surgery will undoubtedly be  more challenging to deal with if a patient's emotional reserves our already exhausted. Remember, that an improvement in your physical appearance will not translate to an improvement in your life situation.

3. If possible speak to patients who have undergone similar procedures and query them about the toughest times of their recovery period. Any practical hints previous patients can provide may be very helpful.

4. Make sure you are aware of potential complications that may arise how to reach your surgeon if necessary.

5. Make sure you have a strong and patient support system (several people if possible) in place who have time/patience to take care of you. Arrange for professional nursing if any doubt exists regarding the availability and/or stamina  of your caretakers.

6. Be patient with the healing process, understanding that it will take several weeks to months to feel “normal” again. It may also take many months/year to see the end results of your surgery.

7. Be prepared to distract your mind with things of interest such as books, magazines, and movies.

8. Expect less of yourself; do not go back to work, school or chores too early and let others take care of you (for a change).

9. Pick your surgeon carefully (a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon) and trust in his/her advice. Keep in close communication with your surgeon and do not hesitate to communicate questions/concerns and the   emotional swings that you may experience.

10. Resume all medications that you were using preoperatively when cleared by your plastic surgeon and stop the use of narcotics and sedatives as soon as feasible after surgery.

11. Keep in mind the end results as you go through the tougher emotional times after your surgery.

+1

I would expect a nice improvement with the planned procedures. The key is realistic expectation, and those expectations should be for improvement, and not to look as if you weighed 120 pounds. And I expect that the improvement will be significant. 

Thanks for ;your question and for the attached photos. Best wishes for your upcoming surgery.