Packs in Nose After Rhinoplasty. How Long Will This Take?

My doctor said these packs are absorbable. Therefore there is no need for the packs to be removed. Once I start to douche their nose with saline the packs disintegrate and fall out on their own. How long will this take? Should I use other methods to speed up the process - nose is fully blocked still can't breathe out of either nostril ... thanks in advance :)

Nasal Packs after Rhinoplasty

+1

There are different materials used for absorbable nasal packs which dissolve at different rates. Ask your surgeon what is normal foer his patients after rhinoplasty. I use a single sheet of telfa which is removed the morning after surgery.

+1

You'd need to call and ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon as I don't use any packing for a Rhinoplasty and use only small telfa pads that are removed the first post op day when a Septoplasty is performed.  

When do dissolveable nasal packs fully disintegrate?

+1

The timing of when your packs will be disintegrated depends on what specific type were used. Your surgeon would best be able to tell you this information and whether anything can help with getting the material to dissolve.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Nose packing

+1

Packing types depend on your surgeon's preferences and whether you have had certain structures in your nose operated on for instance the turbinates.

Most cosmetic "nose jobs" do not require packing of any sort.

Douglas J. Kibblewhite, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Packs in Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

This depends on the type of packing used.  You should ask your surgeon for his or her recommendations

Sam Naficy, MD