Will Two Small Applicators Do the Trick? (photo)

My trouble areas is my stomach and my flanks. At my consultation they used their measuring tool and recommended two small applicators between the flank and belly on each side to do the trick. It looked like their booklet showed use of small applicators the way they are recommended, but most of the reviews here and on YouTube I see seem to be large. I just want to make sure! I am physically active, teach group fitness. This has always been a problem area. Had 2 pregnancies with natural birth.

Small vs Large Applicator

+2

Though your pics are helpful, for the most accurate answer a face to face consultation is always the best bet.  From your photos it appears you would be better served with 2 of the smaller applicators for your abdomen as opposed to the large.  With any applicator the center of the applicator should be at the 'peak of the bulge'.  The midline of your abdomen is not the peak of the bulge, on the contrary there is already a slight natural dip in the center.  The smaller applicators couldn't be done simultaneously because there would be a slight overlap, so you'd have to plan on 2 hours instead of 1 but the overall benefit will be worth it.  We advise our patients to plan on at least 2 treatments, so plan on a second round of treatment about 6 weeks later.

CoolSculpting effectively reduces post-baby tummy, without surgery.

+2

Dear writer, in your case I believe the assessment of either two standard size (6.3) applicators or one large (8.0) applicator is accurate. This is precisely the beauty of CoolSculpting. We can sculpt your areas of excess fat and reduce them significantly, improving our appearance. I have attached pictures of a young female patient in whom a similar choice of applicators was used. Just one treatment lead to the results you see in the images. Best wishes from Miami, Dr. Leyda Bowes

Leyda Elizabeth Bowes, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Two Small Applicators

+1
It appears that you have two smaller bulges. The small applicator may be a good option for you, but a large applicator may be possible as well. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who can offer surgical options and coolsculpting to determine the best option for you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting and applicator

+1
CoolSculpting is the ideal way to reduce bulges in the stomach and flanks that diet and exercise are not diminishing.  It is difficult to assess which applicator would be best for you without a consultation in person to measure the applicator against your body.  You would be an excellent candidate because you are in great shape and have a discrete bulge that needs treatment.  Please keep me informed with your results.

Michele S. Green, MD

An assessment is necessary

+1

An assessment is necessary in order to determine what applicator would give you the best results. Most patients do extremely well with the small applicator to treat the flanks and the large applicator for the abdomen. The body differs in structure and fat distribution so it is key that an experienced provider is doing the assessment to determine which applicators are used. Once the appropriate applicators are chosen, proper placement is required in order to provide the best results. It is important to go to a CoolSculpting Complete provider that has two systems to get the most effective treatment in the least amount of time. Vibrational therapy is also important in assisting the post procedural lymphatic response. Once a treatment is administered, a garmet should be provided for comfort. Patients should expect to see results in 2-3 months. 

Top providers of CoolSculpting Complete are also able to provide rebates to buy an area and get another free.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon