TT M/R No Lipo Fat Bubble and Hip Overhang? (photo)

3 months PO Please help, I have extreme hip over hang above my incision that my doctor says is fat and will not go away unless I lose weight or purchase lipo. I also have a soft blubbery bubble in the middle of my incision that again my doctor says will go away if I lose 20lbs.I've seen women much larger than me, without flank over hang or any bubbles of fat. is this normal? I am so happy with my weight I am 5'9" and 180lbs. he says unless I weigh 160 I will not have a flat stomach. I'm discouraged.

Skin Hanging Over Tummy Tuck Scar

+1

I cannot comment on the quality of your result without seeing your before pictures.  That being said if you want to improve upon what you see now, I think this can be done either with weight loss, a tummy tuck scar revision with removal of a little more tissue, or liposuction.  It sounds like you do not have the best relationship with your surgeon.  If this is the case, I think a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon in your area is warranted.  Good luck.

TT M/R No Lipo Fat Bubble and Hip Overhang?

+1

Best to seek in person evaluations from board PSs in your city. Appears as a under result that can be improved upon. 

Overhang

+1

It is always difficult and somewhat unfair to try to evaluate outcome without access to pre-op photos. The two photos that do somewhat illustrate what you are describing don't show quite enough of the abdomen for proper orientation.
Saying all that I do see fullness at the end of the incision at least on the right side. This may yet improve some with time as swelling resolves, a 6-12 month proposition. Weight loss would also help, in may be that additional surgery can help, either by liposuction or by extending the incision. If the photos at a year still look like these, I would favor the longer incisions.
Stay in touch with your surgeon. Consider adding some pre op photos if available. Thanks, all the best.

Liposuction and weight loss

+1

Hello. At three months post op the appearance of your tummy tuck are still improving. The best thing you can do would be to exercise and eat healthy. Losing weight could be very beneficial to you and will help with your results greatly. If after a year you are still not happy then liposuction would be your best option to improve your results. Good luck!
Jaime Perez, MD
Tummy Tuck Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Liposuction will help

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  It does appear that a reduced amount of fat in the abdominal and flank area will improve your tummy tuck appearance.  This can be accomplished via liposuction, coolsculpting, or weight loss.  Since you are still relatively early in the recovery process I would recommend focusing on losing a little weight and when you have completely healed some liposuction can be performed to finish off the process.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD