Why Am I Still Swollen and Look Like I Have a Big Belly Still After 10 Days PO? (photo)

52 years old, had a tt with mr, and some lipo on my hips. I am still very swollen, and I see women on this site, 3 days PO, and they don't look like I do. My PS said swelling is normal, I was really flat on the or table, and it will just take time. Am I being impatient, or is something wrong with my belly? I love my PS, he is a very reputable doc, but I am scared I wont be flat.

Swelling

+1

swelling after this kind of surgery is expected and can be prolonged. you are too early in the post operative period to come to any conclusions at this time

Why Am I Still Swollen and Look Like I Have a Big Belly Still After 10 Days PO?

+1

You need to rule out seroma or hematoma formation. Re see your surgeon to discuss in more detail. Or seek second in person opinion. 

Swelling after tummy tuck

+1

there are several possible causes for your fullness.  the most common is postoperative swelling.  more rarely , she may have some type of fluid collection.  least rarely a tear in the tightening of the abdominal wall.  my bet is on swelling and i am sure your surgeon is watching for the other two potential problems.   be patient and stay positive!!

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Concerned about Appearance of Abdomen after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

As you know, some swelling is to be expected at this stage in your recovery. You will find that it will take several months for the swelling to resolve and even up to one year for the skin to fully " redrape".  In the meantime, it will be important for you to continue to follow closely with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to rule out fluid accumulation (seroma)  which can  cause a prominent appearance of the abdominal wall.  He is also in the best position to reassure you about the outcome of the procedure based on what was done/seen intraoperatively.

Still Swollen After 10 Days PO

+1

From the front view it looks like you have  had quite a nice result. Unfortunately on the side view the photo was cut off and therefore cannot be evaluated. I can say that at 10 days postoperative swelling is still present and it is way too early to evaluate your outcome. One of the possible causes of the swelling is a collection of fluid this possibility should be discussed with your surgeon.

Patience.