Best Procedure to Get Rid of Belly (Loose Skin)and Love Handles? (photo)

I gained 70 pounds with my pregnancy and I had a c-section. I am looking into fixing my belly. I have alot of loose skin on my belly and I have love handles that i want gone. I was wondering what the best procedure is to get done to fix my body? I want to make sure I get everything is done right the first time because I know myself and once I feel pain after surgery I will not have anything else done. Thankyou

Best Procedure for Loose Belly Skin and Love Handles is Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

+1

Liposuction of the love handles has been proven to be safe in the setting of tummy tuck in studies.  To get rid of the excess belly skin and love handle fat I would think a tummy tuck and liposuction of the love handles would work best for your situation.  You need to make an appointment for consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who performs body contouring procedures.  The use of progressive tension sutures in my practice in Naples, Florida has reduced the healing time post-operatively, eliminated the need for drains and cut down on post operative complications.  So you may want to seek out a plastic surgeon who performs this procedure.

Naples Plastic Surgeon

What is the best procedure to get rid of Loose Belly skin?

+1

Sounds like you would do really well with a full #tummy tuck. This procedure is performed under complete anesthesia and allows the surgeon to both tighten the skin and the muscles of the abdomen like an internal corset. In order to have the best results, it is recommended to wait at least 6 months after delivering your last child or until you have reached your dieting and weight loss goals.

It is very common for patients to have multiple procedures performed at the same time. This is determined based on the safety of the combined procedures and the overall health of the patient. For healthy patients, this allows for only one recovery period and saves money compared to two separate procedures. Ask about including #liposuction to the flanks at the same time.

To make the best and safest decision, schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who will sit with you and discuss a detailed plan for achieving optimal results. We have both a male and female surgeon at our practice and offer free consultations. Come to your consultation armed with questions and do your homework prior to seeing your surgeon. Good luck.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Loose abdominal skin and love handles

+1

As always, photos do not offer a complete evaluation, With that limitation, I would recommend a full TT and liposuction to the flanks. Although there may not be an excess of upper abdominal skin, the  laxity of the abdominal wall is present in the upper abdomen, and failure to address that will result in an imbalance appearance. 

An alternative to liposuction of the flanks, and this would depend upon the findings at consultation, might be a belt lipectomy, or lower body lift, where the TT incision would be carried around to the back and the excess flank tissue would be excised directly. This would be a better choice if excess skin in the flanks is part of the problem. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Best Procedure to Get Rid of Belly (Loose Skin)and Love Handles?

+1

Based upon the posted excellent photos very hard to to be exact. But in my opinion I would offer a full TT or an extended miniTT with lipo of the hips. 

BBL plusTT plus lypo you will need/ requeririas BBL-TT nad lypo

+1

the best results for you are BBL plus TT  plus  ultrasonic lypo  if you full fill the whole requirements a.- ovewrweight no more than 12 -14 lbs over your normal seize and weight b.- any big varicose vein c.-any antipregnant treatment d.- any cardiological or bleeding  problem e.- any asthma problem f. any aspirnin, vit.e

los resultados  serian estupendos si te practicasemos al mismo tiempo UN BBL mas TT mas lypo ultrasonica siempre y cuando llenases los requisitos sigs: sobrepeso no mayor a 12-14 lbs no estar tomando anticonceptivos,no problema cardiologico, asmatico o de coagulacion, no aspirina o antiasmaticos ni vit e, no tener grandes venas varicosas en las piernas

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin and love handles

+1

The best option depends on what you want your final result to be and how stretchy your skin is.  From your photographs it appears that you have some stretch marks both on the abdomen and on your sides/flanks.  I do not believe liposuction alone will lead to a result you are happy with over the years.  A full tummy tuck would remove the overhanging loose abdominal tissues and probably give you a very nice look.  You might consider liposuction of the flanks ("love handles")  in addition to the tummy tuck if you can pinch a fair amount of fat there.  From the side view it appears that you may have some loose skin than extends to your back.  If you do have a lot of loose skin/tissue extending far around the side and onto your back, you might consider a more circumferential approach like a lower body lift or belt lipectomy.  However, before you do any surgery, make sure you are satisfied with your weight.  If your current weight is the weight where you can realistically maintain yourself, then you can do the surgery any time.  Your weight should be stable (not losing or gaining) for a few months before undergoing this type of body contour surgery.  Visit with a plastic surgeon who has extensive experience with body contouring and ask a lot of questions.  From your photos you look like you might have a wonderful result!

Kelly R. Kunkel, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck is the best option

+1

The full tummy tuck is probably the best option because it involves tightening the muscles and removing the excess skin and fat in the lower abdomen and pulling the upper abdomen down to tighten it.  Seek expert consultations for full reviews.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS