Will a Larger Implant Effect my Tattoo? Should It Be Placed Under the Muscle? (photo)

I will be using gummy bear implants (with a lift) and I wish to achieve a high round profile. I am aiming for a DD. I am currently a C cup. I was wondering how a larger implant will effect my tattoo on my breast and whether this size will be realistic for me. I breastfed three babies. Will sub muscular be recommended to prevent sagging? Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my question :)

Implants

+2

The implants and lift should have no effect on your tatoo. The scars should not run into where your tatoo presently lies

Submuscular Implants with Lift

+2

Submuscular implants will provide for better longevity.  The breast lift will help with the droop.  The size may be reasonable, but I never recommend going above a D cup with augmentation.   Back, neck, and shoulder pain may result from larger breasts.  The tattoo will be stretched but not removed.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Will a Larger Implant Effect my Tattoo? Should It Be Placed Under the Muscle

+2

The incisions from the lift and enlargement will no interrupt the tattoo. The resulting stretch of the skin may make the tattoo larger. Most surgeons in the US prefer subpectoral placement of implants because of the decreased chance of capsular contracture, the more natural appearance of the upper pole, the lower incidence of complaints about palpability of the implants, but not because it is protective against sagging. 

Discussions in the setting of a consultation should address all your questions. 

All the best. 

Will a Larger Implant Effect my Tattoo? Should It Be Placed Under the Muscle?

+2

The tattoo will look larger and higher on your breasts. I recommend sub muscular placement. 

Breast Implants and Breast tattoo

+2

From your photo it appears that your tattoo is relatively high on the breast mound, and therefore, should not be significantly affected by a breast augmentation and/or breast lift.   Placement of the implant in the submuscular space may help help avoid a problem with blood supply to the nipple if a breast lift is performed, and may also help prevent fallout or sagging of the breast.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Lift

+2

I think this plan sounds great for you - and I think you have a very realistic outlook on what results you can hope to achieve.  Because your tattoo is at the middle upper part of your breast, I don't think it will change much.  Good luck!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Implants and tattoos

+2
An implant will stretch the tattoo to a limited extent. Based on the photo, you need a breast lift and implants alone will produce larger, but not aesthetically acceptable, breasts.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast implants and tattoo

+2

First, the implants may cause the tattoo to stretch a bit. Second it looks like you could benefit from a lift.

Implant and Tattoo

+2

Augmentation will not affect your tattoo at all.  In most patients a submuscular augment will give a better overall result.  Discuss this in depth with your consulting surgeon.  Make sure to choose a surgeon with extensive experience and ask to see pictures of their work.  Good Luck!

Brian Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

BREAST TATTOO

+2

The tattoo will be relatively unchanged maybe a little stretched.  Breast implants in either a submuscular, dual plane or subfascial position will not affect sagging.  The heavier the implant and loss of skin elasticity are more important factors in recurrent sagging after Aug/Masto.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon