Juvederm in Lips, Want Them Fuller?

Hi, I recently had my lips injected with one full syringe of juvederm 2 1/2 moths ago. I love the results but still would like them fuller. What should i do? I still have a good amount of product in them now. Should i get them injected again soon? If so, will they be fuller but only for a short period of time? I would like to get them done every 3 months. I want to avoid using more than one syringe at a time because of cost and waste of the product. Thanks! :)

Juvederm for the Lips - Lip Enhancement

+2

Lip enhancement and rejuvenation should be done in stages as putting too much product can be undesirable. SInce you want more, return to the physician and have him/her use another 1/2 or full vials and half way through, look at your lips with a mirror and tell him/her to stop when they achive the desired fullness/look.

Web reference: http://www.AdvanceYourBeauty.com

Buffalo General Surgeon

Juvederm and lip injections

+2

If you aren't happy with your results you should discuss your options with your dermatologist.  You can get more Juvederm injected but you also do not want to over do it where others start to notice something about you is different.  As time goes, the Juvederm product  in your lips decreases and it is okay to get touch-ups every now and then.  In the lips it can last up to one year or more but try no not wait until you are on empty if you want to keep up with the appearance of fuller lips.  Usually left-over product in the syringe can be stored for later use for touch-ups before the expiration date.

No right or wrong amoutn of Juvederm

+2

It is great news that you love your results.  You are the only person that needs to be happy with the results, and the only person who will know when you have had enough.  The results of Juvederm in the lips are additive and it can last 1 to 2 yrs in the lips but will slowly diminish in size.  Once you have achieved the size and shape you like, you will need smaller injections once or twice a year to maintain it.  Many doctors, like myself will use part of the syringe and save the rest for you, even thought this is an "off label" use.  Better yet, you can use what you need in the lips and use the rest of the syringe in other parts of the face that would benefit from volume replacement.  Best of luck.

Should I get more Juvederm in Lips to make them fuller!

+2

Every person has a different idea of how much is enough.  It won't hurt you to have a touch up at 3 months but you will probably not need the whole syringe in your lips. Also you will find that once you begin to layer the product, it will last longer and longer. So it may not be necessary to retreat them for 6 months to a year.  Juvederm has been known to last a year or longer in many cases. The key is not to over do it and create an unnatural appearance.

Lip Service

+1

I love Juvederm for lip enhancement. It's smooth, very predictable, and looks very natural if performed correctly and in the right amounts. You can always have more product placed but it must be placed anatomically and not overdone. 

Juvederm in Lips

+1

Remember... "less is more"!  You still want to look natural.  Juvederm is FDA approved to last upto 1 year.  I recommend following up with your provider and getting their expert opinion.  Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens              Marina Plastic Surgery Associates            Marina del Rey, CA The Institute

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com/face.cfm

Fuller Lips With Juvederm

+1

It's great that you are happy with your lips after your Juvederm injections. It's ok to have them injected again so that you find the result that you like the best. If you treat again at 3 months, it will layer with the product that is already in your lips. Once you arrive at a correction you like, it will likely take less product in the future, and you may need to treat only once a year or so.  Be sure that you consult with your doctor to maintain a natural look.

Options for Juvederm in Lips

+1

Adding Juvederm every 3 months is not a bad idea. You may notice after awhile that you need to "touch up" less often and require less product. Hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juverderm can build up in the lips with frequent touch ups. If you are concerned about cost, you may want to consider a more permanent option such a PermaLip or a Fat Transfer. Fat transfers are a great option to consider, they are permanent and look natural, and leave your lips soft.

Here is additional information on lip augmentation. Good luck to you!

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm in Lips, Want Them Fuller?

+1

Yes, you can have additional filler injected into the lips at any time as long as the outcome creates and maintains the proper aesthetic proportion of the upper to lower lip.   This is what prevents the "duck lip" (upper lip bigger than lower lip) or the exaggerated lower lip when it's over-filled compared to the upper lip. The Palmer Code (pat pend) indentifies the "Golden Proportion" of the lips to occur when the upper is no larger than 75% the size of the lower lip.  

If the filler is unable to achieve this proportion and aesthetic size, to the lips, you could consider Alloderm lip Implants that last about 7 years.  Alloderm gives the lips a full yet soft, supple and naturally attractive appearance.  Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/LipAugmentation.html

More Juvederm?

+1

Dear Chrystlv, 

It's wonderful that you were happy with your initial results.  It sounds as if you need a little more Juvederm injected to recreate the effect after the initial treatment.  Studies have shown that hyaluronic acid (HA) syringes will remain sterile for 2 years.  When I use a partial syringe of a HA filler like Juvederm or Restylane, I generally recommend that the patient return within 6 months to use the remainder of the product.  As other posters have noted, the results of HA fillers in the lips are frequently additive, with additional benefit from subsequent injections

Web reference: http://www.drprendiville.com/facialcosmetic-nonsurgical.html

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon