1 month post Facelift and Fat transfer to chin and cheeks, I have 2 pea size lumps under my eye. Is it normal to feel lumps?

I had a face lift & a fat transfer done a month ago. He put fat in my cheeks & chin. He said he didn't put any fat under my eye but now I have 2 pea sized lumps there. After surgery the membrane on my eye was loose & looked like it was coming out so he had me use drops that helped but then the lumps appeared. He thought it was an infection so i had it checked & the doctor said it's not. Is it normal to feel lumps or do you think there might be a problem?

Lumps under eyes after face lift and fat injections

+1
Your description suggests that your eye was irritated by surgery and was properly treated.
Swelling after a face lift and small lumps can occur as swelling subsides.
The lumps may be irritation from sutures or fat - both of this should absorb. Best wishes.

Nodules after fat grafting

+1
It is hard to say what is going on without an exam or pictures.  My first assumption would be that this is a small amount of scarred fat graft.  If it is then massage and time should eliminate this.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Lumps by the eyes

+1
Without knowing exactly what was done during surgery, it is difficult say for sure what is going on.  Lumps can mean a lot of different things including fat necrosis, fat grafts, infection, serums, hematomas, to name a few. Best to follow with your surgeon.

Unwanted small bumps after a facelift generally resolve with time.

+1
There are a number of things that might be responsible for small lumps in the area that you describe. Provided there is no foreign material such as suture These should resolve over time.

Lumps after surgery

+1
It sounds as though you had some fat put into the cheeks and lower lid junction which have formed small nodules.  This can happen with fat transfer, and is noticed more in the lower lids since the skin is so thin.  You can use some warm compresses and massage to help flatten them out.  If that doesn't work your surgeon may want to inject them with some steroids.  You had chemosis post-op which has nothing to do with these nodules.

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lumps after fat grafting to face

+1
Thank you for your question.  I am sorry to hear of your distress.

Based on your history it is likely that some fat was injected high on the cheek beneath the lower eyelids.  Pea-sized lumps are usually small nodules of scarring due to fat that has necrosed or died.  Typically warmth and massage can improve these lumps which should gradually dissolve.  Of course see your plastic surgeon for specific advice.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Bumps after facelift

+1
Dear sats, thank you for your question.Swelling after a facelift may persists from weeks to months, causing bumps or asymmetries to appear. In San Diego, we monitor our patients closely for one year to address any issues. Follow up with your surgeon to check if this is swelling versus something else and if treatment is indicated. Best of Luck.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon