Will the Results Compare to my Natural Pre-pregnancy Body? (photo)

Consultation on 4/1/13 for Mommy Makeover, Once Surgery is Complete Will the Results Compare to my Natural Pre-pregnancy Body? 20 years old, 5'5", 160lbs. Pre-Pregnancy Lowest 130lbs, weight at conception 140lbs. Pregnancy weight gain 65lbs., 25-30lbs of the weight was water weight gained the 8th month (during pregnancy I did yoga 2x a week, walked daily, & low sodium diet). Due to labor/post labor complications my husband and I have decided not to have any more children. My weight loss has been interrupted multiple times by these complications so my weight fluctuates more now than before. Will this affect my results?

Breast lift / augmentation and abdominoplasty questions

+1

Patient expectations are very important and the goal of any plastic surgeon is to guide these expectations.    During your consultation you should get a good idea about what can and can not be accomplished with your planned breast and abdominal surgery.  You should have no problems getting a great result from your abdominoplasty.   Make sure you understand the location of the lower transverse scar.  I usually have the patient pull these skin up and plan to keep the incision as low as possible.  One of the most frequent complaint about abdominoplasty on realself is a high abdominplasty scar.  As far as your breasts there is some difference in size and shape.  You would benefit from a breast augmentation and a possible breast lift.  A thorough examination will be necessary to determine the proper size of implant as well as the necessity for a breast lift.  

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Your ultimate goal is to achieve your pre pregnancy body form. You should disuss this with your surgeon and make sure your goal is realistic. Consult a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.After a consultation, your should realize what you can accomplish and go for it. All the best

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Excellent Candidate for Mommy Makeover

+1

Despite the difference in your weight, you should have an excellent result from a Mommy Makeover.  I would recommend a peri-areolar breast lift with a sub-muscular implant to give you full, perky breasts with minimal scarring.  Your abdomen still has very good definition...once you tighten the muscles, liposuction the flanks and get rid of the extra skin/ stretch marks below the umbilicus you could have as defined an abdomen as you had before your pregnancy.  Good luck!

Eric Sadeh, MD

Will Mommy Makeover Bring Me Back to Pre-Pregnancy Status?

+1
Overall, you should definitely have an excellent outcome.  As to pre-pregnancy body, this is difficult to obtain if there remains a 20lb difference between pre-pregnancy and post-pregnancy weights.  Your minimal diastasis, miminal  soft tissue excess and lower abdominal skin redundancy should respond extremely well to surgery, with or without a signficant weight change.
Your result related to breast surgery however, will depend to a significant extent on breast volume.  A vertical breast lift will get  you back to the shape you had preoperatively, but the volume may be very dependent on your weight.  If you hit your target weight goal, whatever that number is, you can better assess the need for a straight forward lift versus the addition of an implant as well.

Ronald A. Lohner, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Mommy MakeOver

+1

Thank you for your question about a Mommy MakeOver.

• You should get a very nice result from your tummy tuck
  • For your breasts,if you want a breast implant and will lose more weight, I suggest having a breast lift now, the breast implant later - breasts may shrink as you lose weight and you may want a larger implant.  
  • You should be very pleased with your cosmetic surgery results.
  • Hope this helps. Best wishes!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Mommy makeover results

+1

Based on your photos I would anticipate a very nice result after a tummy tuck. Your loose skin and stretch marks are primarily on your lower abdomen, which is the area which is best treated by a tummy tuck. With regard to your breasts, you may benefit from a small implant and a lift.This is harder to say without examining you in person. I would consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for a more accurate assessment.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Will the Results Compare to my Natural Pre-pregnancy Body?

+1

Very hard to answer. Best to see in person your GYN, PSs, diet experts to advise you in attaining the pre pregnancy look. 

Mommy Makeover

+1

Hi,

Your body is perfect for the mommy makeover.    (hopefully a non smoker).

You should have a combination procedure with an asymmetric breast lift with or without implants (your surgeon will discuss this with you),  a tummy tuck with muscle tightening and liposuction of the areas that are padding your muscular layers (hips/waist etc). 

The weight fluctuations will not really work to your disadvantage.  Your young age is a great asset as is your obvious great skin elasticity.  One can be fooled by thinking that liposuction would be the solution to your abdomen but for the greatest result, you should have the above mentioned combination procedure.  It would all be done as an outpatient and would take about 4 hours or so.

Look forward to a fun result.  As far as you getting back the pre op body, this is impossible to say but the answer is usually no.  The aim shoud be realistic and you can certainly expect a wonderful improvement.

You might like the link attached.

Steven M. Lynch, M.D.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

+1

You can get great results . You need to discuss what are your desires and expectations on the abdomen? the breast? how much of a scar, what are the options and expected results from each procedure.

Do you want larger breast, Implants or no implants or just a lift.

Abdomen, need some lipo and tightening. Do you want lipo to the flanks??

Would you accept a scar on the abdomen and on the breast how much and where? what are the results from each procedure, the expected results.hoose you plastic surgeon with care

C

Post Mommy Makeover Body Compared to Prepregnancy

+1

If you have a tummy tuck and liposuction of the sides and back along with breast augmentation, you abdominal contours will be fairly close to pregnancy.  Your breasts will be a good deal larger, partly due to increased size now and partly due to placement of implants.  Obviously, you were in good shape before pregnancy, and you are still in relatively good shape.  If you have reached a stable weight, find the surgeon for you and proceed.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA