Need advice...possible double bubble on left side and too small of pocket on the right?

Hi! I had my BA on 4/9/13 and chose a 355cc Sientra smooth round implant. I'm 5'9 and 120 lbs. At 7 mos post op, I'm still not happy with the size and would like to increase 100-125cc's. I'm also worried I'm developing a double bubble on the left and have an under dissected pocket on the right. My PS said it's fine and just bc I'm thin, but it doesn't look right to me. I got a second opinion from another Dr and he confirmed my suspicions so I'm looking for additional input on here. Thanks!

Dr. Kimberly Henry

+1

Hello, and thank you for your question and photos! Personally, I don't think you have much of a problem, except that you want larger implants. Most breast implants look great when a person is relaxed, which is why at our practice we limit our patients' exercise of the pectoralis major. Unfortunately, most breast augmentation clients have this complication, it is very common. I suggest not manipulating your implants with your muscles by flexing, as this can cause them to appear deformed.

Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

How to correct double bubble plus animation

+1

Your problem is a common one that is usually mis-diagnosed and so often not corrected well. When implants are put under the muscle using the standard dual plane technique, it is cut where it normally attaches to the rib cage. This cut edge of muscle then heals into the scar capsule around the implant, where you see it pulling up when you flex. This line is also the groove that causes the double bubble. Releasing it more can just make it worse. So when double bubble and animation deformity occur in combination, a very useful option for correcting it is to convert to the split muscle technique which also restores normal muscle function. I can send you an article describing it if you like.

Richard Baxter, MD