I am an overweight female having a breast reduction with lift and tummy tuck. Will I have good results?

I weigh approximately 250 pounds and have been approved for a breast reduction, breast lift and tummy tuck. It is covered by insurance due to frequent rashes and low back pain. I have been trying to lose weight (really trying) and it's just not coming off. I originally wanted to wait until I was close to my goal weight but as the rash and backpain is getting worse I am considering going forward. Any suggestions?

Breast reduction and tummy tuck done separately

+1
Unfortunately, you have not told us your height just your weight. Since you are heavy, you are at a higher risk for pulmonary problems and I recommend the operations done in 2 stages. I recommend the breast reduction first using a new technique called The Ultimate Breast ReductionTM. This technique reshapes your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevates them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed. Tummy tuck is a higher risk procedure because it increases abdominal pressure, which can result in pulmonary complications and blood clotting. If you are not planning future pregnancies I recommend Abdominoplasty with Mesh Reinforcement. The mesh results in early satiety, weight loss and maintains the reduced weight.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Reduction is a good option

+1
If you are truly unable to lose weight secondary to your large breasts, then I would consider the reduction. I would not do an abdominoplasty because you have too much excess fat to heal well and get a good result. If you absolutely need to have the reduction to exercise then you could do that first so that you could lose your weight prior to the body contouring. Ideally your BMI should be less than 30, and closer to 25 to be a good operative candidate. I know this is a tough road, but you will be glad you did it. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD