My Lashes are Starting to Break Off, Can You Overuse Latisse?

Can you oversaturate your lashes w/ latisse? My lashes are starting to break off. I've been using latisse for 8 weeks now, every evening. I am unaware of rubbing my eye area. I do not use an eyelash curler.

Eyelash breaking

+1

Thank you for your question.  I have not heard that eyelash breaking is a problem associated with Latisse use. I would recommend that you speak with your physician and see what they recommend.  They may recommend you stop using the product to see if the breakage stops.  You can also reach Allergan directly and see if they have heard of this with any other patients.  I hope this helps.

Side effects of Latisse

+1

I am not aware of breaking of eyelashes being a side effect of Latisse with either normal or over use. It is more commonly due to mascara and eyelash curlers. If you don't use a curler and have not changed your mascara, I suggest that you stop using Latisse for several weeks or months and see if the problem goes away.  If it does, it may be the Latisse and you may not be able to use it. You should discuss this with your physician.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Latisse Side Effects

+1

It would be rare to have this occur with latisse.  I would recommend contacting the manufacturer if this continues.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Latisse and lash damage

+1

I am unaware  of Latisse having any adverse effect on the eyelash hairs.  Breakage is more likely due to eye make-up (especially mascara) and make-up removers.  However you can over apply Latisse, which wastes this pricey product, and can rarely lead to pigmentation and fine hair growth below the lower lash line.

Louise H. Stewart, MD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Adverse effects from Latisse are quite rare

+1

Latisse is properly applied to the upper eyelid margin using the supplied applicator. It is applied to the base of the eyelashes so any extra "saturation" of the lashes is wasting the product. Breaking of eyelashes is not a known side effect of Latisse. Less than 4 percent of people experienced redness, irritation and itching of the upper eyelid which was reversible upon discontinuation.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse usage

+1
It is my understanding from the product and the suppliers that this is not a known side effect. I will tell you from personal experience via my wife that she used the product as directed for the first four weeks and then had so much lash growth and the thickening of the lashes that she resumes her schedule to just three days a week. She prefers to use a smaller brush for application so make sure you are not applying to much to the brush and thus to much to the lash line. A little bit goes a long way. This is an amazing product and patients are very happy with the results. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Break

+1

I have not heard of patients having lash breakage with Latisse. However, mos people seem to use too much product upon application. Back off on frequency and dose but. also contact the makers for advice

David A. Bray, Sr., MD