Oversized Philtrum Help Needed - What Can Be Done? (photo)

Is there a surgery to remove the excess tissue/fat from the top of my Philtrum just below where it joins my nose? Also can the length of my Philtrum be decreased while increasing the size of the pink part a my upper lip slightly (aiming only for a very natural looking result). What would the e average cost and recovery time for such a surgery be?

Subnasal Lip Lift for Philtral Shortening

+1

By your description and picture, you are describing what a lip lift can achieve. A subnasal lip lift shortens philtral length, creases more upper lip pout (vermilion show) and can subtly change the nasolabial angle. This is a procedure that is usually done in the office under local anesthesia.

Oversized Philtrum Help Needed - What Can Be Done?

+1

A lip lift procedure typically can accomplish what you are looking for. The recovery is about one week. The incision can be pink for a few months but can be camouflaged with makeup as soon as the sutures are removed at one week. Seek a plastic surgeon who has performed many lip lift procedures as incision design, placement and closure are critical to create a natural look. I hope my answer is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon