I'm Overseas from my Surgeon So Please Help, Breast Augmentation 30days Post-op? (photo)

Dear Doctor, I'm overseas from where I did my surgery for sudden work reasons and won't be able to see my surgeon for a couple more months, and surgeons here have refused to do checkup for me cos they didn't do my surgery, so I've come here for help. My BA was 200cc Mentor silicone textured surface, done on 10th Oct. I had been wearing compression band (see photo) 24/7 since 11th Oct. Judging from the photos I took today, do you think 1) I should continue to wear the garment? Thank you!!

Breast Surgery

+1
It is extremely hard to make accurate diagnosis as well as giving crucial decision making clinical decision without an in person physical examination along with a length discussion, please see your local board certified plastic surgeon in your area. If you dont have a surgeon you can look at the american society of aesthetic plastic surgery website and search by zip code or postal code. I wish you the best success!

30 Days after Breast Augmentation and Compression Band

+1

If the implants are in good position or only slightly high, the compression bandeau may not be necessary.  Time and massage will likely produce the desired result.  Kenneth Hughes, MD HughesPlasticSurgery Los Angeles, CA

What to do?

+1

Thank you for your question. It looks a predicament that can be resolved by calling you surgeon for advice. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Should compression garment be worn after 1 month of breast augmentation?

+1

Dear Lilian,

Thank you for sharing your photos.

At 1 month post-op, it seems that you exhibit good results. 

However, without knowing the full details of your surgery it is not possible to provide you with a definitive answer to whether you should continue wearing your compression garment of not although it seems that you should be fine without at this point.

I encourage you to try to communicate with your surgeon although you are overseas. It could be pretty much helpful to share with him/her the photos you have provided along with your post.

I hope this helps and thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Bands after breast augmentation

+1

I do not use bands in most cases after breast augmentation.  If you have concerns I do not see why you can not contact your surgeon.

Good results for a month after breast augmentation

+1

Hi Lilian.  Your results at one month are quite good.  I really do not seen any need for continued use of the "band" above the breasts.  You can anticipate further settling of the implants as the skin stretches to accomodate them.

Good luck!

Joseph N. Togba, MD
Oakland Plastic Surgeon

One month later

+1

you appear to have a very nice post operative result. I dont have my patients wearing a compression band at all after surgery and I do not find it to be necessary for most patients.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation One Month Postop

+1

If I were your Plastic Surgeon I would consider your result to be good and on course at 1 month. It does'nt appear that the strap is still necessary but it would'nt hurt to wear it at night for a while longer. Needless to say it is best to hear these things from your surgeon where ever he may practice.

Paul S. Howard, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation 30days

+1

Results look fine. Since little detail on the surgery is included in the question, this should be addressed to your surgeon. Email the photos to  your surgeon and review the post-op instructions you should have been given. Best wishes.