Can an Overly High Eyelid Crease Cause Fatigue in the Eyelid Lifting Muscle?

When I raise my eyebrows,the eyelid crease is a total of 7-8 mm. When at rest, the skin/fat drapes over the eyelid crease making it look about 3-4 mm. However my eyelid muscle(s) and the areas around it are starting to fatigue, even a few minutes out of sleep. The crease is pretty small size when the skin drapes over it but it is big when my eyebrows are raised, which leads me to think that my eyelid muscles are fatiguing trying to raise this crease up... should I consider revision?

You may have undiagnosed ptosis...

+1

A high eyelid crease position often suggests that the muscle that lifts the eyelid is stretched out and you may be straining to keep your eyes open. This can cause fatigue in the muscles and make you look even more tired. This lid crease can be masked by droopy skin and therefore, missed. Please see a specialist who is familiar with eyelid ptosis(or droop). It is fairly simple to diagnose if you are looking for it. Pictures of your situation would have been helpful to sort this out. Best of luck.

Eyelid Crease location is important

+1

A picture would have been extremely helpful.

The eyelid crease of non-Asian eyes is formed by skin attachments from the eyelid lifting muscle (the levator). Sudden upward movement or partial to complete disappearance of the crease accompanied by sagging eyelids may be related to any of many mechanism which weaken that muscle or interfere with its action in pulling the lid up (such as neuromuscular disorders or even rupture or tear of the muscle insertion on the tarsal plate (the little cartilage stave at the bottom of the lid).

It SOUNDS like you may have excess upper lid skin OR sagging brows but that is not the way a medical decision should be taken. You should see a qualified eye surgeon to clearly identify your issue and based on that what would be your best options.

Dr. Peter Aldea

You should consider consultation!

+1

Dear In LA

It is unclear what your concern is from your description.  Are you describing a developing muscle fatigue? Are you describing too much heaviness in the upper eyelid unrelated to muscle fatigue?  Obviously what precisely is going on and how you feel about it will determine what needs to be done.  However, from your description, you need to find an eyelid specialist who can get to the bottom of what is bothering you and propose a treatment plan based on that.