Overly Arched Brows After Brow Lift

At writing this & in "after" photos, I am five days post blepharoplasty, face lift & brow lift. With every respect due my esteemed surgeon, I am currently quite concerned with my brow arches. Is there any other 50yr old male with quite this look?

I am told it will drop, but I'm looking to a consensus of experts as to whether it might realistically drop into any realm of "normal" - how long that takes, and if not, what could be done to improve the situation? brow wig? -- MagicMarker? Seriously, I'm pretty skeptical right this moment. Thanks.

Eye Brow Location and Mr. Spock

+2

Dr. Mayl is absolutely right the Mr. Spock look is transient. Gravity always wins and the brows that seem and alarm you as too high today WILL drop. If you look at the evolution of brow lift surgery a huge part of it has been the frustration and disappointing in finding a reliable, predictable method of brow fixation. One does not exist yet. Your brows will come down.

Arched Brows Early Are Possible

+1

While I would agree that it appears that you have an arched brow, at this point it is way too early to say if this will be the final position of your brow. This could just be swelling and muscle dysfunction. I would give it a week or two before undertaking any treatment. The brows will drop some over time and botulinum toxin injections in the lateral forehead can help if they are still arched in a week or two after surgery.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift

+1

It appears that you had a direct brow lift since I think I can make out sutures just above your eyebrow. It certainly looks a bit exaggerated, but it can easily be swelling. After all, you just had sugery.  Give it some time to come down.

Spasm can be the difference

+1

I agree with you that at this moment you should be a little skeptical. However, muscle spasm can cause this type of exaggerated look. Patience should allow the muscles to return to a neutral position.

Robert M. Freund, MD

Be patient and allow full healing to take place

+1

It appears in the pictures that the lateral portion of the eyebrows has been lifted, but the medial portion has not been lifted with the browlift procedure that you had performed. It is important at this point to just allow full healing to take place and readdress any brow ptosis a couple of months from now.

Golden arches

+1

It is early in your recovery. There may be some settling of the brows after resolution of the swelling.  Usually, the brow in men should be right at the level of the orbital bone. Continue to follow up with your surgeon and address any concerns after 2-3 months time if needed.

Good Luck.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

For now just wait

+1

As you stated your eyebrows position is too high ,but you need to wait at least six months for the swelling to go down. Since you had direct brow lift, this may not resolve by itself.If you still not happy with the position of the eyebrow,the option is reverse brow lift and this can be done with endoscope. I have corrected few of these in female patients . In male patients I have used botox as a temporry treatment and this gave time to swelling to resolve. The botox treatment is for the forehead muscle only to let the brow to sag.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Brow lifts are usually overcorrected (too high) intentionally because they drop

+1

I totally agree that this will be a temporary problem for you. Actually I think you will have a very nice result, and the eyelid surgery looks well done, too. Some of the elevation may be actually from swelling just below the brow, pushing the brow upwards. I don't think Botox would help enough to warrant its cost, in my opinion. If your surgeon doesn't agree with using it, don't let it bother you at all. Just give it time and I think you will be soon be pleased with the result.

Joseph Rabson, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Overly arched eyebrows

+1

Overly arched eyebrows are pretty typical immediately after surgery. The real problem with brow lifts is getting them to stay up long term. There is yet a procedure to produce lasting results. Gravity is inevitable and your brows will most certainly drop.

Best regards,

Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Overly corrected borw lift

+1

Typically scars accumulate for a six week period after injury. It is normal to expect some degree of overcorrection during this period prior to the scar tissue maturing and brows dropping. Botox may be of temporary benefit.