Underdone or poly beak? (photo0

I had rhinoplasty a year and a half ago. Since it has healed completely, I have noticed a good improvement to my upper bridge, however my tip appears to have enlarged and even seems more droopy than before the operation. I had a good amount of dorsal hump to trim down and I think I may have a poly beak deformity. If this is true, please estimate by my pictures how much a revision would cost. Thank you.

Persistent hump vs Polly Beak

+1
It is very difficult to tell if it is not enough removal of hump or just swelling (Polly Beak). Most likely you need more removal of the scar tissue and dorsal cartilage as well. 
Regards
Dr. J
Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correction of Polly beak after rhinoplasty

+1
I agree with your conclusions that the tip has lost further projection after your rhinoplasty.

It is important to understand that the problem is not the bony dorsum being higher than your But the problem is that the support of the nasal tip is weakened during your surgery.

In my experience cartilage grafting is necessary to support and refine the nasal tip during rhinoplasty surgery.  The tip can be rotated  upward and supported by a strut graft and an onlay tip graft can also help keep your nasal tip projecting point above your dorsum.

This is complex revisionary surgery and requires a rhinoplasty expert.  Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon who has years of experience at rhinoplasty and demonstrated good results for revision.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Residual supratip fullness after rhinoplasty

+1
It does seem as though the lower half of your bridge is still a bit over-projecting. This could be improved by bringing down those areas of excess during a revision rhinoplasty.

It's hard to give you a pricing estimate based on just a few profile photos. I can give you a better estimate after seeing additional views of your nose, though.

You can read more about pollybeak deformity and see more before and after example photos at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

"Underdone" Rhinoplasty or Pollybeak Deformity

+1
You have more than a pollybeak deformity. I suggest that you have a revision to lower the entire line of your profile and improve tip projection.

Underdone or poly beak?

+1
   Additional cartilage can be taken from the dorsum to refine the dorsal aesthetic line and the tip can be further elevated. 

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed hundreds of rhinoplasties. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Polly beak deformity--what is it and do you have it?

+1
Polly beak deformity comes from the area just above the tip of the nose (the supratip region) pushing the tip of the nose down. It can occur following rhinoplasty if there has been scar tissue that developed or from not getting the proper arrangement and alignment of the tip and supratip. Revision rhinoplasty can be quite costly due to the difficulty associated with the procedure. Be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon, if possible.

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Polybeak

+1
This does appear to be a polybeak deformity which can occur from undercorrection of the cartilaginous dorsum.  A revision rhinoplasty can be performed at one year post op.   Prices for revision rhinoplasty can vary from region to region with prices ranging from $9,000 to $25,000.   The reason for the variability is that revision rhinoplasty is a complex surgery and previous surgery can limit what tissues are left for revision.   

Christopher Khorsandi, MD

Revision rhinoplasty for poly beak deformity.

+1
Revision rhinoplasty for poly beak deformity with insufficient tip projection is what you have. It can be revised to give u a much prettier nose. The cost depends on multiple factors including where the cartilage will be taken from, do u need spreader grafts, etc. I need to see more photos for evaluation. Select a VERY experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon!

Based on your photos, you may have a polybeak after rhinoplasty.

+1
Based on your photos, your nose appears large for your face, and well-performed revision rhinoplasty surgery may lead to a smaller more feminine nasal appearance. You may benefit from consulting several revision rhinoplasty specialists to see what you could expect after well-performed surgery. Your fee may depend on availability of septal cartilage cartilage for tip reconstruction. If possible, it may be best to keep your revision rhinoplasty surgeon close to home.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon