Can a massage ruin my tummy tuck results at 8-10 weeks? (photo)

I'm about 10 weeks post op from a mommy makeover. I had a full tt and stomach was totally flat. Now it seems after my last lymphatic massage my belly isn't flat. I have a slight bulge- I do remember during the massage the pressure was a bit firm. Could this of damaged my muscle repair? I'm Very concerned about this. I went to see my ps to rule out fluid trapped inside. He said to give it time. I feel silly asking this question but- did it ruin my results?!

Massage after tummy tuck

+1
Thanks for your pictures. Having a massage did not ruin your results. You are simply getting something slight relaxation of the muscle.  Please visit with your plastic surgeon for an examination to make sure that your most repair is still intact.

Lymphatic massage after tummy tuck

+1
It is very common to have swelling above your incision particularly at the end of the day.  Essentially, the lymphatic system has to find new pathways to drain the normal fluid that accumulates in your tissue during the day. 

Lymphatic massage beginning at six weeks can help with this process.  also using a Spanx even after six weeks can help.

Pramit Malhotra, MD
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon

A massage will probably have no negative effect on an abdominoplasty repair.

+1
I don't think massage of an actively healing area is a good idea. Nevertheless, I can't imagine that even a vigorous massage would damage the abdominal repair.