Installed a Porcelain Crown With Overhang, Now Causing Gingivitis; Need Second Opinion For Revision?

My original dentist was not very good and installed a porcelain crown with an overhang that is not causing gingivitis.My new dentist is operative and cosmetic specialist at Univ of Iowa and says he needs to go in and scale or reshape over hang to get rid of medical issue but I might lose the crown or the tooth as lower front and very litlte tooth left. To re do crown is a pain and cost but he would do a better job to lose tooth big ordeal how safe is it. they are the best but sitll risk

Crown Dilemma

+1

I would recommend redoing the crown.  Repairs are always less than ideal.  If the tooth is really in bad shape than maybe go straight to an implant without wasting money on heroics to save it.

Washington Cosmetic Dentist