Will Overgrowth from Sculptra Ever Go Away? Anything I Can Do?

I had a series of 6 injections, over a 2 years period. I initaially liked the effect,both under the eyes and marrionette lines. I never developed any lumps, but with the last injection my face just continued to grow, in areas that were not even treated. It is 3 years later and I can't smile without looking ridiculous, like a chipmunk.Will this ever go away? I feel like I ruined my once pretty face

Sculptra

+1

Sculptra should only last 2-3 years and it should only have an effect on where the product was injected.  I would recommend that you see a facial plastic surgeon for an evaluation. 

You have a very unique problem, but it is probably not due to Sculptra

+1

Typically the original Sculptra will have become depleteted after three years.

Sculptra does not create fullness into areas that have not been injected. It does not travel.

However the usually reason for an appearance like yours may be created by:

• Weight gain (even as little as 8 lb can make a difference in some faces
  • A change in the amount or way you exercise.
  • The use of corticosteroids
  • A change in lifestyle and diet
  • Or a combination of the above

Look back on the past three years and perhaps you can find a solution to your problem.

I hope this helps you.

Dr. Mayl

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon