As Far As Overbites, What is a "Scale from 1-10" Overbite? (photo)

I have an overbite. It is not very big, but I am thinking about getting it fixed. I can't fit my finger underneath it or anything and my teeth are pretty straight for the most part, but I think I would just like it fixed. Also, I was wondering, if I got Invisalign/braces, would my face look different? I mean like my jawline? Also, I noticed that there are two teeth on either side, that are on two of the neighboring teeth (also on the either side).

Your overbite and shape of face with braces

+2

Hi MG,

In general, you bite looks pretty good.  But it is hard to see details from photographs, so a clinical exam with an orthodontist is necessary to get a better idea.  But again, glancing at it, it's like a 2 or 3 out of 10.  We have seen MUCH worse.  Some times what we will do if the teeth are relatively straight is to do some minor re-shaping of the sides to give us some space to move the teeth inwards.  The video below will demonstrate that.  Either braces or Invisalign will likely work well.  I would not expect it to change your jawline any noticeable amount.  Please give us a call if you'd like us to take a look.

Atlanta Orthodontist