As Far As Overbites, What is a "Scale from 1-10" Overbite? (photo)

I have an overbite. It is not very big, but I am thinking about getting it fixed. I can't fit my finger underneath it or anything and my teeth are pretty straight for the most part, but I think I would just like it fixed. Also, I was wondering, if I got Invisalign/braces, would my face look different? I mean like my jawline? Also, I noticed that there are two teeth on either side, that are on two of the neighboring teeth (also on the either side).

Your overbite and shape of face with braces

Hi MG,

In general, you bite looks pretty good.  But it is hard to see details from photographs, so a clinical exam with an orthodontist is necessary to get a better idea.  But again, glancing at it, it's like a 2 or 3 out of 10.  We have seen MUCH worse.  Some times what we will do if the teeth are relatively straight is to do some minor re-shaping of the sides to give us some space to move the teeth inwards.  The video below will demonstrate that.  Either braces or Invisalign will likely work well.  I would not expect it to change your jawline any noticeable amount.  Please give us a call if you'd like us to take a look.

Atlanta Orthodontist